Head, Physical Planning
The Department of Physical Planning at the district level shall manage the activities of the Department of Town and Country Planning and the Departments of Parks and Gardens.
The Department shall:
- Advice the District Assembly on national policies on physical planning, land use and development.
- Coordinate activities and projects of departments and other agencies including non-governmental organizations to ensure compliance with planning standards.
- Assist in preparations of physical plans as a guide for the formulation of development policies, decisions and to design projects within the Assembly.
- Advice on setting out approved plans for the future development of land at the district level.
- Advice on the conditions for the construction of public and private buildings and structures and assist to provide the layout for buildings for improved housing layout and settlements.
- Ensure the prohibition of the construction of new buildings unless building plans submitted have been approved by the Assembly.
- Advice and facilitate the demolishing of dilapidated buildings and recovery of incurred costs in connection with the demolishing.
- Advice the Assembly on the siting of billboards, masts and ensure compliance with the decisions of the Assembly.
- Advice on the acquisition of land property in the public interest, and undertake street naming, the numbering of houses and related issues.